Frequently Asked Questions
I want to give someone a gift voucher as a present. Where can i order a gift voucher?
Yes, what a good idea! The Dragen in Schagen gift voucher can be used in the webshop, but also for a babywearing consultation.
You can order the gift voucher here.
I'm in need of a babywearing consultation. Where do i find more information?
You will find all information about babywearing consultations here.
What are the benefits of baby wearing?
It is natural for a baby to be close to his parents. Babywearing is a great practice for keeping your baby happy and to help build a stronger bond between parent and baby. Babywearing stimulates the attachment process.
There is no safer place to grow up than close to your mum or dad. Babies that are carried often cry less. That means that they have more energy to grow.
Babywearing is good for babies with reflux. By wearing in an upright position your child will suffer less from reflux. The warmth of your body and the movement of walking is giving your child a natural massage and it will reduce the cramps.
Another practical benefit is that while you offer your child a safe place, you have your hands free for other things.
Wearing at crowded places or locations where you are less comfortable with a stroller suddenly becomes a lot easier with a baby wrap or baby carrier.
What does ergonomic babywearing means?
All babywrap and carriers at Dragen in Schagen are ergonomic. That means:
- upright carrying only, with legs out and baby’s hands close to baby’s chest or mouth to support the fetal tuck position.
- Spread Squatting Position, the knees are at or above the level of baby’s bum.
- Good head support. Baby’s head is supported with an open airway and is kept from falling to the sides or backwards.
- A carrier is adjustable in order to accommodate different built children and babywearers.
- When used properly, the wraps, ring slings and carriers provide a center of gravity close to the babywearer’s body to avoid backaches. The child should never be dangling in front or back.
- The materials are breathable and natural.
* Reminder: Never wrap your baby in the “cradle” position. Carry your baby always in an upright position!
From which age can i carry my child?
If all safety instructions are considered it is possible to carry your baby from birth.
Consult an expert if your infant was born with a low birth weight, such as a premature or twins, or if your infant has respiratory illness. Extra vigilance is required with these babies.
Check your baby often while carrying, especially babies under 5 months of age.
How do i wash my baby carrier or baby wrap?
Always follow the washing instructions on the tag. We advise to wash your babycarrier always by hand!
Wash at a 30 degrees celcius on a delicate programm. Line dry in the shade. Only use liquid detergent and do not use softeners. Do not tumble dry. Iron carefully.
Swirl in lukewarm water with a gentle liquid detergent.Rinse gently in clean water, same temperature as the previous bath. Squeeze and press water out without wringing. Fold your wrap or carrier between towels and roll up. Press the roll to remove excess water. Dry flat in the shade. Iron carefully.
What size baby wrap do i need?
- Size 4: 3.7 m
- Size 6: 4.6 m
- Size 7: 5.2 m
Choosing the right size babywrap depends on which wrapping techniques you want to use. In general the size 6 is the most versatile size.
A size 4 is perfect for techniques were you need less fabric. You can front, hip and back carry with a size 4. For example you can use the Rucksack or Kangaroo carry, but many more are possible.
The size 6 is the most popular size. This size is perfect for the Front Wrap Cross Carry. The (newborn) baby front carry technique. But also the double hammock is an option. For parents with clothing size 44 or higher we recommend the size 7 wrap.
When you have clothing size 44 or higher we advise the size 7 for wrapping a newborn or baby. Parents with clothing size 38, 40 and 42 can also choose the size 7 when they prefer a little more fabric. A little extra fabric for the double hammock carry is
Sizing stretchy wraps
All stretchy wraps are around 5,5 meters long and one size fits all
Which brands sells Dragen in Schagen?
We sell the following brands:
Pure Baby Love
Pure Baby Love
We are Wovens
What are the benefits of a woven wrap?
- Perfect fit for newborn, babies and premature babies. Also strong enough to wear bigger babies and toddlers.
- Perfect support of the weight of your child. Mostly the best option for parents with neck or back pain.
- Always ergonomic, the spread squat position is fully supported in a woven wrap.
- Variated options to tie off. There are more than 20 different wrapping techniques possible with a woven wrap.
- Wrapping only takes a few minutes.
- Sustainable, you can wear your child for a very long time in a woven wrap. From newborn, to baby, to toddler.
Disadvantages of a woven wrap in relative to a baby carrier
- It cost a little more time to wrap than putting on the carrier.
- When the weather is dirty, it is difficult to wrap outside and keep your wrap clean.
Wat zijn de voordelen van een ergonomische draagzak?
- Easy and quick to use.
- You don’t have to learn wrapping
- Less fabric or long tails, so perfect for carrying when the weather is bad.
Disadvantages of a baby carrier in relative to a woven wrap
- A woven wrap firms a little more nicely around a newborn baby’s body.
- Babycarriers work with sizing. Most babycarriers are suitable from size 50/56 up to size 92. A woven wrap is suitable from birth and has no maximum size.
What is the difference between a woven wrap and a stretchy wrap?
- Available in different materials, like cotton, linen, bamboo and wool.
- Suitable for front, back and hip carries .
- Different wrapping techniques possible.
- 1, 2 or 3 layered carries possible.
- Wrapping while you hold your baby.
- Suitable from birth up to toddlerhood.
- Made of soft, stretchy, tricot fabric, and available in cotton and bamboo.
- Suitable for front carrying.
- 1 wrapping technique possible
- 3 layered carry
- You pre-tie your stretchy wrap and after that you put your child in the wrap.
- Suitable from birth up to 8 months / 1 year.
Where do you deliver?
We deliver our products to all countries within the EU.
Free shipping above 50,- euro, to The Netherlands, Belgium and Germany.
How can i track my package?
Orders shipped by PostNL can be tracked by:
I have a complaint or my product is damaged
We are trying to deliver the best products and the best service, but in case you still have a complaint please write us at email@example.com
We promise to get back to you within 14 days.